Quartz Network is a peer community of senior-level decision makers, where registered users (“Members”) interact on the Site to share knowledge and professional experiences. In order to provide this Service, we may request that you enter certain personal information.
“Personal Information” means information that can be used to personally identify and/or contact a specific individual including, but not limited to, a person’s full name, telephone number or residential address.
In addition to Personal Information (as defined above), we may collect information, which may include Personal Information, from or about you through your use of our Services in the following ways:
Registration: When you apply to be a Member of Quartz Network, you may provide your name, address, date of birth, phone number, profile photo and any information you may share in your Member profile. We may also collect limited payment information from you such as payment method and billing information; however, we do not collect or store full credit card or bank information. All transactions are processed by a third-party payment processor.
Profile, Messaging and Commenting: Members may choose what information to include in the Profiles or through-out platform commenting; including professional affiliations, resume, educational background or work experience. Please do not post Personal Information that you would not want viewed by other users of the Site.
Summits and Conferences – Members may be offered opportunities to attend virtual and/or in-person Summits or other Conferences hosted by Quartz Events. We may collect or use your information in connection with these events.
Technical and Navigational Information: We may collect information about your interaction with our Site, such as computer browser type, pages viewed, IP address, unique identifier of the device used to access the Site and other information about your activities on the Site.
Other Information – We may request or receive other information, such as feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to provide quarterly benchmarking reports or other benefits related to the Service. In such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or decline that information.
We use Personal Information only for the purposes of providing Services and to maintain and improve the Site. Quartz Network may collect, access, store and use information you provide (which may include Personal Information) for the following purposes:
By using our Site or our Services, you agree to allow us to share the information you provide to us (which may include Personal Information) as described below.
With Quartz Network Members:
Quartz Network allows the viewing and sharing of information (which may include Personal Information) through Member profiles, peer to peer messaging, likes and comments. The information contained in your Member profile may be visible to other Members of the Site.
Our service allows Members to connect and collaborate with other professionals through participation in system-wide commenting. All posts and submissions made are visible to all Members of Quartz Network. This may include, but is not limited to documents, images, links, likes or comments.
Where required by law:
Where permitted or required by law, Quartz Network may provide Personal Information to third parties without your consent in order to comply with court orders, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory processes where we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to: (1) investigate or defend ourselves against third-party claims, (2) investigate or prevent suspected unlawful activity; or (3) protect the rights or safety of users or Members of the Site.
We collect personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you register for an event, sign up for emails, bulletins, newsletters, webinars or white papers, enter a sweepstakes, contest, competition or prize draw, participate in surveys or otherwise communicate with us. Many of the services that we offer, including but not limited to newsletters, bulletins and events, require your contact details as a condition of use; when you interact with one of our sites you are no longer anonymous. We may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you have provided to us. Information that you provide to us can be used by Quartz Events and shared with client’s (“Sponsors”) of the Quartz Events Sites and Services.
If you do not want this information disclosed to a Sponsor, do not request Sponsored content or register for an event. Quartz Events customer agreements with our Sponsors: (a) provide that the Sponsor may use this information to contact you via common methods of communication; and (b) prohibit disclosure of the information to any third party other than agents of the Sponsor for the permitted marketing purposes set forth above. We may also send general promotional and marketing materials to our Members, including marketing research surveys. Quartz Events, in some cases will utilize a third party provider to deploy surveys and incentives. We use Member Information in aggregated form to understand our customer base and to market our services to our customers.
In General, we may collect and store any personally identifiable information you provide to us. Personally identifiable information is data that identifies you, or that can be combined with other information to identify or contact you, and includes (but is not limited to) your name, business or personal physical address, email address, and telephone number.
You are not obligated to provide us with any personally identifiable information, although registration is required to access the full range of information and Services offered.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register for an event, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To facilitate a request by a Member and deliver those details to the Sponsor.
If you wish to register for our events, we ask for contact information, including but not limited to name and email address. Quartz uses this information to fulfill your request for information and, in some cases, personalize the email content for you. All emails have an option to unsubscribe, and requests will be processed immediately.
At any time, you may choose not to provide Personal Information through the Sites, in which case we may not be able to provide Services to you. Members can remove any and all Personal Information by editing the information in the user profile, or by closing their account.
Once your account is closed we will remove your name and information from our publicly viewable Sites. We may retain information related to you even after you close your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud and abuse or for other legitimate business purposes.
As is true of most websites, to help operate the Sites, enhance your experience, and collect information about online activity, we may place small data files on your computer or mobile device. This information may include, but is not limited to, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. These data files may be in the form of cookies, pixel tags, local shared objects, or other similar technologies.
Cookies and similar technologies, enable us to personalize our Sites and Services for you. These technologies may allow us to store and manage your preferences and settings, to measure and analyze how you use our Sites and the effectiveness of our communications, to offer targeted products, programs, and services, and to help us improve the overall functionality of the Sites.
We retain Personal Information provided by you, on secure servers protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to the Personal Information we collect to our employees, and independent contractors who need to know this information in order to provide the Service. However, no server, computer or communications network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Service and you acknowledge and agree that you provide such information at your own risk.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- To be in accordance with CAN SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT to use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
You can unsubscribe newsletter, bulletins, event invitations or ALL future correspondence by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of any newsletters or email you receive from us.
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions that has been provided by the individual, company or legal entity using our Sites or Services (“You”):
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Sites are subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority of the Sites.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Sites.
In any case, the Sites will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information the Sites have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us for assistance. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data held on you.
- Request correction of the Personal Data held about You. You have the right to to have any incomplete or inaccurate information held about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. You also have the right to object to processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask for your Personal Data to be removed from our lists and all future processing.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. The Sites will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, - Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for the Sites to use.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, the Sites may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our data collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
- The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits You to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of Your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months by the Company or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data. You also have the right to ask the Company not to sell Your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section or web page.
- The right to know about Your Personal Data. You have the right to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
Categories of third parties with whom We share Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about You
- The right to delete Personal Data. You also have the right to request the deletion of Your Personal Data that have been collected in the past 12 months.
- The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of Your Consumer’s rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to You
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You
- Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
In order to exercise any of Your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, You can email or call us.
The Sites will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving Your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonable necessary and with prior notice.
Our Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third party websites do keep track of Your browsing activities. If You are visiting such websites, You can set Your preferences in Your web browser to inform websites that You do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of Your web browser.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
Please direct any privacy-related questions or concerns to: [email protected]